Glazed duck breast with pak choi on a bed of sweet potato puree served with honey, ginger & soy sauce
serves 4 persons
sweet potato puree
4 large sweet potatoes
4 gressingham duck breasts approx 225g each
8tbl spoon of clear honey
6 tbl spoon of soy sauce
4 pinches of ground ginger
pak choi 25g butter
2 garlic cloves crushed
4 pak choi halved length ways
1.heat oven 190oC
2, to make the puree put the sweet potatoes in a pan & season
3. bring to boil & simmer for 12-15mins or until tender
4. meanwhile trim the ducks removing any sinew & score the skin with a sharp knife.
5. season all over & heat oil in a oven proof frying pan
6. over a high heat add the duck skin side down & sear until golden, turn & colour flesh side briefly
7. transfer the pan to the oven & cook for a further 3 minutes turning half way through.
8. add the honey, soy & ginger returning to the hob& stir over a medium heat for 30 seconds to reduce the glaze.
9. spoon glaze over the duck return to oven for 1 minute
10. then rest in warm place
11. drain the sweet potatoes & mash until smooth, stir in the milk & butter & pass through
12. for the pak choi, heat a little olive oil in a pan add the garlic & butter & allow to melt.
13. add the pak choi & cook for 1-2 minutes or until just wilting
14.half the duck breasts & arrange on warm plate with pak choi & pour over remaining glaze.
15 serve the sweet potato puree with duck.
Alternatively serve with a confit of cherries & port gravy